v.1.1.0 Release Notes
July 15, 2022
More AWS Regions supported
You can create Vertica database clusters in the following AWS regions:
- ap-northeast-1 Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
- ap-northeast-2 Asia Pacific (Seoul)
- ap-southeast-1 Asia Pacific (Singapore)
- ap-southeast-2 Asia Pacific (Sydney)
- ap-east-1 Asia Pacific (Hong Kong)
- eu-south-1 Europe (Milan)
- eu-west-3 Europe (Paris)
- eu-central-1 Europe (Frankfurt)
Vertica Support Team Access Management
In the Database Configuration section of the Accelerator UI, you can manage Vertica Support team SSH access to your Accelerator instances. By default, SSH access is enabled.
New Notification Alerts
Accelerator now has notifications and alerts that will show up to alert users to database status changes. To see new alerts, click the bell icon on the top right-hand corner of the Accelerator page.
Changes and Enhancements
New Vertica Version Available
You can use Vertica v.11.0.1-2 to create a new database or to update an existing database.
Upgraded Control Plane.
Dependencies and tools used by the control plane that manages your Vertica clusters have been upgraded to take advantage of new features and fixes available.
CIDR Block IP Limit Increase
You can specify up to 10 CIDR blocks of IP addresses in the database configuration. Previously, the limit was five.
Immediate Account Activation
After you register on the Accelerator website, you can log in and set up your Accelerator immediately.
Access Backup Information When Database is Down
Database backup information is now retrieved through a call to vbr rather than through a running database node agent, enabling you to access database backup information even when the database is down.
Delete Cluster without support intervention
Previously, the Vertica support team had to manually delete clusters marked for deletion. Now, such clusters are deleted immediately.
Trust Setup UI Update
The Cross Account Access setup page has been updated to simplify the Accelerator trust setup process.
Quick-Flow Trust Setup
Previously, the Accelerator trust setup required that you generate and upload a CFT template file. Now, you can use the CloudFormation Create Stack wizard instead of the CFT template file.
Navigation Menus Update
The top right-hand corner of the Accelerator page now offers two drop-down menus, one for Accelerator navigation and one for account information.
Security Updates for CVE Vulnerabilities
The following security updates have been implemented:
- CVE-2021-28831 (ssl_client-1.30.1-r2)
- CVE-2020-11655 (sqlite-libs-3.28.0-r0)
- CVE-2021-28831 (busybox-1.30.1-r2)
- CVE-2020-28196 (krb5-libs-1.17-r0)
- CVE-2021-3450 (libcrypto1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2021-36159 (apk-tools-2.10.4-r2)
- CVE-2021-23840 (libcrypto1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- GHSA-q2q7-5pp4-w6pg (urllib3-1.25.11)
- CVE-2020-1967 (libssl1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2019-19244 (sqlite-libs-3.28.0-r0)
- CVE-2020-1967 (libcrypto1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2021-30139 (apk-tools-2.10.4-r2)
- CVE-2021-23840 (libssl1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2019-15903 (expat-2.2.7-r0)
- CVE-2021-3450 (libssl1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2021-23841 (libssl1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2020-28928 (musl-1.1.22-r3)
- CVE-2019-16168 (sqlite-libs-3.28.0-r0)
- CVE-2019-5094 (libcom_err-1.45.2-r0)
- GHSA-5xp3-jfq3-5q8x (pip-19.3)
- CVE-2019-1551 (libcrypto1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2021-23841 (libcrypto1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2020-1971 (libssl1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2021-3449 (libssl1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2021-3449 (libcrypto1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2019-1549 (libssl1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2020-1971 (libcrypto1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2019-19242 (sqlite-libs-3.28.0-r0)
- CVE-2019-1547 (libcrypto1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2019-1551 (libssl1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- GHSA-qrmm-w75w-3wpx (swagger-ui-dist-3.20.7)
- CVE-2019-1549 (libcrypto1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2019-1547 (libssl1.1-1.1.1c-r0)
- CVE-2019-5188 (libcom_err-1.45.2-r0)
- CVE-2020-28928 (musl-utils-1.1.22-r3)
S3 Bucket Prefix
Previously, S3 Bucket prefixes ending in ‘-’ resulted in an error. This issue has been fixed, and S3 Bucket prefixes ending in ‘-’ are now allowed.
Two-character Database Names
You can create a database or subcluster with a name that is two valid characters in length. Previously, the minimum length was three characters.
Python itsdangerous Package Dependency Fixed
Previously, there was an issue with Docker container failure due to a missing Python dependency. This error has now been fixed.
Python Version Upgrade
Python has been upgraded from v.3.7.4 to 3.9.6.